Toile de Ville Wallpaper - Noir St. Denis
Toile de Ville Wallpaper
Maybe you loved it and left it.
Maybe it's still your home.
Or, maybe people you love dearly live here.
Keep a piece of the city with you....
I spent months sketching the city of Montréal, visiting the landmarks and observing the architectural features that give this place so much of its charm.
Several ink splotches later I created my signature textile and wallpaper pattern and called it the Toile de Ville, inspired by the traditional toile de Jouy which first appeared as a fabric print in the 18th century in Jouy, France. It's continued to be a popular print, reinvented, reimagined and subverted by many artists and designers.
I'm happy to join the ranks with my own version, complete with a Dépanneur, Farine Five Roses, victorian architecture from the Plateau, a bicycle, and the raw feeling of ink on paper.
This wallpaper was hand silkscreened by an amazing team in a US factory that's been handprinting papers since the 1960s.
- E84 fire rated
- washable with water and mild soap
- requires booking
- If you or your installer don't know what booking is, please contact us and do not attempt to install this product.
Before you order, you’ll need to do some delightful math to figure out how many rolls you’ll need:
- Get out your tape measure and your pencil to make notes.
- Plug in the numbers here: (length of your wall, in feet) x (height of your wall, in feet) = square footage. Repeat for each wall you'd like to cover.
- Round up your measurements before you multiply. If your wall is, say, 10.5 feet -round up to 11.
- Multiply the square footage by 15%. This accounts for trimming and matching the image when lining up the strips on the wall side by side.
- If there’s a window or some other feature on the wall you’re papering, you’ll want to subtract that square footage from your total. Measure the length x width of the window, and go ahead and subtract that number from your first total.
- You now have your square footage, and can order accordingly! There’s approximately 67 sq.ft per roll.
You did it. Amazingness.
|po / in||cm / cm|
|Longueur / Length||30'||9.14m|
|Largeur / Width||27"||68.6cm|
|Pi.ca ch. rouleau/ Sq.ft per roll||67||6.2 sq.m
|Distance de raccord/ repeat distance||34"||86cm|
- Please allow up to 3 weeks before shipping
- For trade discount, custom colours, or any other queries, drop me a line: email@example.com