VanCity Toile Wallpaper - Burrard Blue
VanCity Toile Wallpaper
There was once a young artist who grew up surrounded by wood in a slightly crooked house in the middle of the forest, tucked among the Monashee mountains of BC. While the cedar and quiet taught her to entertain herself, she found herself drawn to the east- the art schools and architecture, the chaos and culture, the baguettes and bagels, the je ne sais quoi. So she made her way there, pencil in hand.
Before long she missed the smell of the trees, the blue glass and the sea, the coffee shops and snow caps, the orca spottings and running clubs.
So she captured these feelings in drawings, that became prints, that became wallpaper. That became the VanCity Toile, inspired by the classic toile de jouy that originated in France.
Soaked in cedar, Douglar Fir, and west coast bisous.
This wallpaper includes a rendering of the Kakaso'Las Totem Pole completed by Kwakwaka'wakw carver Ellen Neel in 1955, which is currently found in Stanley Park. It also includes a rendering of Skalsh rock, which has cultural & spiritual significance for Squamish communities.
- E84 fire rated
- washable with water and mild soap
- requires booking
- If you or your installer don't know what booking is, please contact us and do not attempt to install this product.
Before you order, you’ll need to do some delightful math to figure out how many rolls you’ll need:
- Get out your tape measure and your pencil to make notes.
- Plug in the numbers here: (length of your wall, in feet) x (height of your wall, in feet) = square footage. Repeat for each wall you'd like to cover.
- Round up your measurements before you multiply. If your wall is, say, 10.5 feet -round up to 11.
- Multiply the square footage by 15%. This accounts for trimming and matching the image when lining up the strips on the wall side by side.
- If there’s a window or some other feature on the wall you’re papering, you’ll want to subtract that square footage from your total. Measure the length x width of the window, and go ahead and subtract that number from your first total.
- You now have your square footage, and can order accordingly! There’s approximately 67 sq.ft per roll.
You did it. Amazingness.
|po / in||cm / cm|
|Longueur / Length||30'||9.14m|
|Largeur / Width||27"||68.6cm|
|Pi.ca ch. rouleau/ Sq.ft per roll||67||6.2 sq.m
|Distance de raccord/ repeat distance||21.5"||54cm|
- Please allow up to 3 weeks before shipping
- For trade discount, custom colours, or any other queries, drop me a line: email@example.com